Thursday, October 26, 2006

Return

Went to the airport in the morning with Mel, but decided to return to the island. Something was just not feeling right about heading back to the big smoke so early. So jumped on the bus to catch the ferry and headed back on over to Koh Phangan.

Hired myself a motorbike for a couple of days and cruised on back to Haad Son where all the staff greeted me with open arms. I'd told them I was thinking of returning, and I was true to form. Like Darlene, I've fallen in love with the place.

So spending a couple more nights here. The weather has been beautiful today and I've just swum, kicked back and read my book in my hammock on my bungalow's porch, and then even slept for a few hours this afternoon. The early start and lack of sleep last night caught up with me.

Gotta get my hit of fresh air before returning to Hanoi - so beach action it is for the next couple of days. Then one night in Bangkok before homeward bound.

Am missing Mel lots - we had such a brilliant time together. She's such a great friend and we've had so much fun and seen so much together in the past two weeks. We've done so much it feels like 2 months!

Speaking of good friends - congrats dear Sally, congrats! I'm so excited I will be home for the big event. Mel is delivering big hugs from me to you and Jason. Still sad I'm missing Sam's wedding... wish I too could be there for it.

Won't be long now anyway - can't believe that tomorrow will be 8 months in Asia now! Wow!

Had some dinner with the Irish crew and we watched some dodgy "Rollocop" movie before getting into playing some Janga in the open air relax bar/lounge. I ended up last person standing playing with one of the workers there, Jon, who was a dab at the game. The boys were telling me that you can even play it with big blocks that are 2x2, and its a great drinking game in the park or in someones backyard.

Not a terribly late night - when I went to sleep the light was coming through the little holes in the thatched walls and roof and it was reflecting on the mosquito net. It felt like I was in magical space, with the waves lapping on the shore it wasn't long before I nodded off to sleep. Been having some amazing dreamsd while on holidays - really vivid and strong. The girls all say they've been having amazing dreams as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home