The clean-up
Wednesday January 18, 2006
My dear mum spent the day at 12 Henley cleaning the place and packing up the rest of our kitchen.
The entire clean-up took so much longer than expected. I had to work all day, but I headed to Mile End as soon as I finished - I then packed another load of gear and took it to Nadia’s.
Nadia was at home as she was on holidays, so she helped me unpack and then returned to the house with me to help out. So Nadia, mum and I spent the entire evening getting the house ready for inspection the next morning. What a job! We stopped briefly for dinner and both the girls tease me that no sooner had we eaten and I was up on a ladder chopping down dead banana leaves and then trimming the bougainvillia with the electric hedge trimmer. They say I was working like a woman obsessed ... I was just thinking about how many hours were left in the day :) There is always just so much to do in a house move… we ended up leaving after 11pm, all very exhausted!
And what a sight we were as we all took off! Mum with a final car load to take back to her place and me and Nadia in the car packed to the roof. At least we all had a good laugh about it! I can’t thank the two enough for their help and support – always coming through in times of need.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home