Easter Sunday
Sunday April 16, 2006
Very tired, and a little seedy after a big night out dancing. Just not getting enough sleep!
At least our neighbours weren’t feuding. Missing Ben severely. When I got up Dan had already left, so I sat on my computer choosing all the good pics from our holidays.
Candice hadn’t been well, so she arose after a while (she’d already been up and about earlier and had gone back to bed), so both feeling rather poorly, we watched Brokeback Mountain on DVD.
It's a really fantastic movie. I highly recommend it to anyone. It was so beautiful and so sad all at the same time. Homophobics wouldn’t like it, but anyone who believes that love is just love will really enjoy it.
Went for another sleep after the film… gee, these little afternoon naps are getting to be a habit!
Candice and I went to Highway 4 to meet up with Ali and Paul for dinner. We had their specialty – fresh crab spring rolls. Delicious! Highway 4 has three levels – the ground, a middle level (where we ate) and a terrace area where you are out in the open air - and you sit at tables with your shoes off! Very asian!

It was great meeting Paul as well. He seemed really lovely. He also got bonus points because Ali organized for him to bring over some Champion Ruby tobacco for me, which you can't get, and papers are really expensive (like, $5!!). I’d given up smoking before Ben arrived, then I was back smoking filter cigarettes, so it’s nice to have some decent tobacco so I can wean myself off them again. I get enough smoke from the pollution here as it is.
Ali also bought us an Easter egg each! Yum yum. My little easter experience in Vietnam.
After dinner we went for gelati. We’ve found a place not far from our house that makes the most amazing gelati. It’s creamy and delicious, and its been a special treat every now and then to go and get some good icecream. Anyway, they’ve opened up a Mondo Gelato at the lake, so we wandered through the old quarter to the lake and indulged in some ice cream.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home