Island time
Friday October 27, 2006
On island time today - swum, slept, relaxed on the beach and worked on my tan, one of the lads loaned me his snorkels so cruised around the rocks and coral reefs for a while as well.
Then went for a motorbike ride around the north west part of the island, which was fun. Out and about on my own, wind in my hair, sun on my skin... free as a bird.
I stopped off at a couple of beaches.
At one of my many stops, there was a cute dog that came up to me when I had stopped to take photos of the water.



Cruised into Thongsala and motored around the streets for a while.
Got back to Haad Son and had another swim and kicked back and watched the sun set.
The girls, Emma and Sally, left for Bangkok today, so it was just me left with the boys. We all went out for dinner at a nearby restaurant and then went and had some beers and buckets at a little bar on the beach and played drinking games. Heaps and heaps of fun. Really lovely group of guys - very considerate and a laugh a minute. Love the Irish. Like I've said before, the accent always gets me and damn they tell a good yarn.
James even did a slow-action replay of his fall off the ledge a few nights earlier. But JP ended up doing a full action replay later on - but managed to come off with no injuries whatsoever!
There was the biggest gekko I've ever seen in my life on the wall at one stage - and they had paint so you could write wherever you liked on the bar - so I did a dedication to Mel and my holiday. :)
Ended up going for a swim at the beach there because the water was so inviting.
Those buckets really hit with gusto as well. Don't know what time I crashed out... but it was late.
Congratulations to my cousin Tony in WA as well - he's just got engaged and will be getting married in 2008! Apparently he proposed on Phuket - so romantic. I missed them here in Bangkok by two days. Would have been lovely to have met his new fiancee - but that will happen soon enough. Will be good to visit the west again, especially as we have so much family there.
Congratulations to my cousin Tony in WA as well - he's just got engaged and will be getting married in 2008! Apparently he proposed on Phuket - so romantic. I missed them here in Bangkok by two days. Would have been lovely to have met his new fiancee - but that will happen soon enough. Will be good to visit the west again, especially as we have so much family there.































0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home