Khong xe dap
No bike
Just when I became accustomed to roaring through the streets, weaving through the maze of motorbikes and flying along Kim Ma at great speed on my bridgestone bike - it has been swiped, stolen, taken from under my nose!
I've always parked my bike just inside our gates, where a padlock supposedly secures it. However early on Saturday morning some little scammers jumped our steel fence, cut the padlock to open the gate and took off with my bike.
The thing is, there's been a lot of people in our alley way recently as our neighbours are completely renovating their house - knocking down walls and making lots of grinding, grating noise (right opposite our front door) and there's been a LOT of people helping out and getting into the action. While I don't like to point the finger, it seems a little too much of a coincidence that with all this movement of people in our alley, that suddenly my bike disappears.
Luckily for me people have offered me various bikes to borrow, so at least I'll be able to get around.
Such a bummer though... I was quite attached to my bike - it was a pretty good one by Vietnamese street bike standards - and I'd explored quite a bit of Hanoi on it.
Oh well, one's loss is another's gain.
Whoever took it, like anything one who takes things in an incorrect manner, has just gained some bad karma...
Speaking of karma... on another note...
Went out Friday night for dinner at Puku where Padraic and Greet were hanging some really cool photos of "images of Vietnam" on the walls and then trundled to Karma, really cool little bar with a funky outdoor balcony area.


Hamming it up

Emma showing off her shorts' big pockets - beer smugglers!
It was then off to the Fly, but Dan and I stopped off at our favourite bakery for a banh my chung... yum yum! Not quite a falafel from Rundle street or Hindley, but it nonetheless hits the spot. Our little em's were there, as usual.



Deep fried egg!


Chow down!
The fly was pumping as usual - and it also helped that all the oz footie boys were there in force as well. They'd been on a pub crawl and were in fine form.
Just when I became accustomed to roaring through the streets, weaving through the maze of motorbikes and flying along Kim Ma at great speed on my bridgestone bike - it has been swiped, stolen, taken from under my nose!
I've always parked my bike just inside our gates, where a padlock supposedly secures it. However early on Saturday morning some little scammers jumped our steel fence, cut the padlock to open the gate and took off with my bike.
The thing is, there's been a lot of people in our alley way recently as our neighbours are completely renovating their house - knocking down walls and making lots of grinding, grating noise (right opposite our front door) and there's been a LOT of people helping out and getting into the action. While I don't like to point the finger, it seems a little too much of a coincidence that with all this movement of people in our alley, that suddenly my bike disappears.
Luckily for me people have offered me various bikes to borrow, so at least I'll be able to get around.
Such a bummer though... I was quite attached to my bike - it was a pretty good one by Vietnamese street bike standards - and I'd explored quite a bit of Hanoi on it.
Oh well, one's loss is another's gain.
Whoever took it, like anything one who takes things in an incorrect manner, has just gained some bad karma...
Speaking of karma... on another note...
Went out Friday night for dinner at Puku where Padraic and Greet were hanging some really cool photos of "images of Vietnam" on the walls and then trundled to Karma, really cool little bar with a funky outdoor balcony area.


Hamming it up

Emma showing off her shorts' big pockets - beer smugglers!
It was then off to the Fly, but Dan and I stopped off at our favourite bakery for a banh my chung... yum yum! Not quite a falafel from Rundle street or Hindley, but it nonetheless hits the spot. Our little em's were there, as usual.



Deep fried egg!


Chow down!
The fly was pumping as usual - and it also helped that all the oz footie boys were there in force as well. They'd been on a pub crawl and were in fine form.










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home