A busy week
Tiffany left for Australia on Tuesday morning - so Ali moved into her room and we had a week of late night chats and watching movies.
On Friday night we went to Puku for an arrival dinner to greet two new AYADs to Vietnam. One of the AYADs was a guy called Ed Smith. He and his wife had just arrived in Hanoi from Tasmania. Ed was going to be working for the Ministry of Fisheries (MOFI), so Hanh had put us in contact with each other and we'd exchanged a few emails before he and Kate arrived, so I was looking forward to meeting them both. Kate had actually been an AYAD in Cambodia a few years prior. As a nurse, she was going to see what work she might pick up.
The funny thing is, I was talking to Ali beforehand and telling her how happy I was that there was an AYAD working in MOFI, because MCD does so much work alongside them. It was when I told Ali his surname and that they were from Tasmania that she freaked out and told me about a couple she met in Cambodia years ago and had a great night out with them in Phnom Penh. She said she knew Ed worked in fisheries in Tasmania, and his surname was Smith as well - so the chances were the new AYAD was him.
When we arrived our suspicions were confirmed. How amazing is that!
It was fun finger-food and beer event but didn't stay out too late. The heat was sapping what little energy I had after a busy week, so Ali and I headed home and watched a movie.
Had a very relaxing, quiet weekend which also included pampering ourselves and getting our hair cut and coloured after browsing in stores around the Old Quarter.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home