Dinner with the Firths
Monday October 2, 2006
Just got back from dinner with the Firths - Justine, Carol and Brian.
Took them through the Old Quarter where there was much purchasing of laquerware, dvds and silk goodies, then onto the famour Bia Hoi corner before dinner at Little Hanoi - then back to their hotel for some night caps. I'd often looked at the Zephr Hotel and thought how lovely it looked inside. And its true - their room was wonderful. One of Justine's friends Lyn kept commenting on how they had such a great room. Nice balcony area as well.
Had the day off today so Mel and I had a chill morning at home pottering around and doing things before heading out to meet the boys for lunch at Puku. Both Dan and Phil are going for a one week trek out to the northern highlands. Hopefully they won't feel the wrath of the typhoon that is heading our way! Second one in less than a week.
There's been a couple of typhoons that have hit the coast recently, which is terrible for the fishing communities there. While it brings rain to Hanoi, it doesn't bring much else - but for the coastal areas, it is a terrible time of year. I'm hoping that Mel and the Firth's don't get affected by the typoon on their Halong visits. That would be terrible.
Poor Mel was feeling a little off today, so she didn't end up having dinner with us. Hopefully it wasn't any of the food from Sunday. The only thing I can think of was lunch, because we went out to Highway 4 last night and the food was amazing. It's also the mid-Autumn festival time, so there's lots of drumming and dragon's around the Old Quarter.
So I've been a regular little tourist guide lately - and there's more to come with Andrew and Jasmine arriving on Friday. They're currently in Cambodia and seem to be loving it.
Thanks mum for the package through the Firth's as well - ever reliable! Thanks to Kathy as well for her lovely additions.
Not long now and I'm back on my own adventure. Work is busy so it will be hectic before the take-off, but loving the challenges that my work brings me here.
Walking home tonight felt so stoked to be here. It's been great seeing Vietnam through the eyes of visitors again and realising how much I've grown here, and how much I really love it.
A great weekend with Mel and more to come - bring it on!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home