Countdown begins
Mel is coming
This time next week, Mel is going to be here! And I can't wait! Our tickets are all booked for our Vietnam-Cambodia-Thailand trip - it's going to be the two girls, out and about discovering Ho Chi Minh city together, wandering the old temples of Angkor Wat, busing it through Cambodia, taking in the sights of Phnom Penh, rocking Bangkok and cuddling tigers, then island hopping to chill on the sands of Ko Phan Ngan during the day, and party into the night. I'm then going to spend some more time in Thailand before returning to Hanoi. Can't wait. Just what a girl needs!
And to top it off, Andrew and Jasmine are arriving the weekend before I head to Saigon - and we are travelling from Hanoi to Saigon together! Awesome.
I can't wait to show them all around, so many places for them to see.
What's also great is that they see Hanoi at such a lovely time of year - the weather has been really beautiful in the last few weeks. The hot, sweltering steam has transformed into sunny days with cool breezes - no need for airconditioning anymore! Yippee - it was getting way too expensive, especially when we are charged ex-pat prices for our utilities! Although the mozzies had a feast the other night when I left my windows open ;)
Everyone at work had told me that Autumn is Hanoians' favourite time of the year, and I can see why. It is just lovely. Can't wait to see some familiar faces again! Ali will also be returning fr a Hue Uni/Uni Queensland visit in November, so moving into a busy time full of many good friends.
Before I know it, it will be Christmas and I'll be off travelling with my family. Then it will be Tet (Vietnamese New Year) and it looks like Laos is on the cards - and then, who knows now! I may not have a partner, all the assets, a "mansion" house, great furniture or $200,000 on its way - but at least I've got my job in Adelaide :) And my friends!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home