APEC
Well, APEC is about to start and Hanoi is already getting crazy, crazy, crazy.
It's going to be roadblocks galore - we're not even sure if we'll be able to get to work. And as for West Lake where a lot of the big wigs are staying -well, I would hate to be living there... they are blocking off all of the major roads. The main street near my house, Hai Ba Trung, will also be blocked off for some time... as is the main road near the convention centre near work.
But for the first time since arriving, I don't feel so out of place as a foreignor. There are so many here, especially milling around Hanoi towers near my place. Apparently there are around 2,000 international journalists that are here alone - let alone the huge contingent that each leader from each country is bringing to the meetings.
So, interesting times ahead. The meetings begin next week... luckily for Tiffany she's going on a field trip down south to look for Siamese crocodiles, so she's getting out of the mayhem.
I'm gonna do a bit of leader spotting myself... :) Wonder if I'll see ole Johnny - if I do I'll be sure to shout out to him "Climate change, climate change".

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home