First day at work
Monday March 6, 2006
First day at work. I was picked up by one of the Project Officers, Hien. She took me straight to the office, where I had a really warm welcome by all of the staff. I had a formal induction session for about 1 hour, where we went through info about MCD, each of the staff introduced themselves to me and then I talked about my background.
Here are the people:
Hue – Director – Strategic direction etc.
Hien – Project Manager – looks after the Xuan Thuy National Park and has a gender focus.
Thu – Project Manager – oversees the Trao Reef projects and has a Natural Resource focus.
Boris – Senior Adviser – advises on issues for fisheries and conservation, research focused.
Thao – Office administrator – finances and accounts, etc.
Hoang Anh – Office secretary.
Khang – Volunteer, currently studying Business Management, helps out with anything ITY related.
Our office is a small room on the third floor of a six-storey building – there are eight of us here in one little office. And while the space is quite small and leaves no room for privacy, everyone manages very well - it’s an open and giving atmosphere.
I’m sitting next to Thu and the book cases. They organized a new computer for me, which made me feel very special. It sits on a tiny computer trolley, so I don’t have any desk space, in fact, nothing! That is a bit weird for me, but I’ll adjust. I get a little side desk drawer to put my things in next week.
A great first day at my new workplace.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home