The truth is out there
Tuesday February 21, 2006
Waited until midday, but still no call form Austraining. So I called them.
Miscommunication meant no-one had called me, and didn’t compute that I was meant to be on the plane the next day. When I called, still no info, so we changed the booking AGAIN. This time we made it for Monday.
I spoke to Andrew that afternoon – he geed me up to call the feds and get something done. So I gave them a call that afternoon, and guess what...
After asking if I could speak to someone to make a formal complaint, the woman looked into it… she said “oh, we’ve just FOUND your application in the vault.” My response was, naturally, “You’re kidding me.” “Oh, it can happen with the thousands of applications we have to process,” was her response.
I was somewhat relived and yet really annoyed that there I was sitting around waiting, with either myself or Austraining calling them every second day for the past MONTH – only to have them consistently tell us “It’s in the final stages.”…
In the final stages my foot… in the final stages of sitting in the vault with no-one dealing with it.
There should be some kind of compensation for all the stress, worry and concern I was put through – not to mention the three weeks of work I missed out on, the fact that every time I said goodbye to someone, I wasn't sure if it really was going to be the last time I saw them for a while, that Candice was sitting in Hanoi waiting for me to arrive to get a house... I could go on and on.
Nevertheless, she ASSURED me that it would only take a couple of days to process. So I thanked her profusely and after reminding her of my situation, said I’d call in a couple of days to confirm. She said not to worry and that it would all come through.
So… finally, there is movement at the station!
WOOOOOO HOOOOOO

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home