Saturday, February 25, 2006

Summer sun and some fun

Wednesday February 8 - Friday February 10, 2006

Busied myself through the days and kicked back with mum in the evenings, in between phone calls to friends and family to let them know the latest news.

Time spent down the beach was also lovely. Gotta love Aldinga Beach and Silver Sands, my favourite place – alongside Port Willunga of course.

Thank goodness the weather is lovely - I'm enjoying the fact I've got some time.

Still no call about the clearance... not happy about that one. It's a wierd feeling waking every morning wondering if this is THE day I get THE call. Austraining/VIDA are calling the federal police every second day, but the word is always the same "it's in its final stages". How long is an application need to be in its final stages?

Spent Friday night at Kirstie and Ben’s, so got to spend some good time with them and Jack, the darling little bub. I haven't seen half as much of them all as I'd have liked to over the last few months, so it was a great chance for a proper catch up.

Ben cooked an incredible meal of salmon and avacado pasta – yum yum – and we had some superb wine to accompany dinner (Ben's a wine buff, so there's always indulgence in some fine wine).

Kirstie’s mum and step-dad Alan came over to see Jack, and Jack even had a bath while we were all there. What a cutie.

Alan has also been to Vietnam so he told me of some of his experiences when he was there 10 years ago. Made me excited again about the move.

A very relaxing, fun and laid-back evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home