Ben surprises
Thursday July 6, 2006
I got an amazing surprise when I got home on Thursday night - Ben was here!! He was meant to be arriving on Saturday - but he'd organised to come early and surprise me.
He met up with Ali,Dan and Phil in Kuala Lumpur. They'd gone to Malaysia to go to a music festival on the weekend. So he got the house keys from Ali when they met on the Wednesday night.
Turned out of all of the times I've stayed back late at work, this was one of them.
He ended up calling me and said his flights had been delayed and wondered where I was and if I could get onto skype at home - turns out he was using Global Roaming so it looked like he was calling from Adelaide.
He said he had to think quickly about what excuse to use to talk to me so he could find out where I was :)
Anyway - I got home and freaked out a little - the front door had no padlock and was sitting on a little shelf above the water, and the fly spray can was sitting near the water. I thought I must have stupidly not locked the front door open and so I bolted to the lounge to check the laptops were still here - which they were, only one looked like it had been moved and there were three bottles of wine sitting in a bag near my computer in the lounge room.
I couldn't work out what was going on (who would have key's to get in?) and thought maybe Steve (Tiffany's boyfriend) had popped over. So I called out and no response.
When I got to my bedroom I noticed a silhouette on my bed (it was dark) and freaked out. Then I realised it was Ben!!!!!! What a wonderful, wonderful surprise!! Couldn't quite believe he was already here. Fantastic!!!
We went out for dinner at a restaurant around the corner from my place, called Ngon ("delicious" in Vietnamese). It's a really nice open-air restaurant that has stalls cooking all sorts of dishes around the perimeter - and while you order from a menu, you can wander around and look at all the different delights to whet your appetite.
Yay - my man is here in Hanoi with me. So happy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home