Saturday, February 25, 2006

Friday fun

Friday February 3, 2006

Simon’s birthday! Happy birthday Simon!! Hope you have an amazing day.

Headed to get Ben’s tires changed today, so another return visit to Mile End. Ran into Prue and Adam while I was at the shops – they were heading off to the Big Day Out. Good to see them.

It’s one of those cool, weird things that has been happening to me as well - I keep bumping into all these significant people in my life at the moment, it’s great, because I get to have a chat and say a proper goodbye.

Then went into town and took myself for a walk through the Botanic Gardens before checking my email at City East and going to Area101 to catch up with Sooz. After hanging out with her, went to Katmandu to choose a day backpack from the voucher the girls had given me as a going away present. There was so many choices I couldn’t decide.

When I got back to the shop, Scott was there and I’d just missed Patrick, Jess and the kids. Damn! Scott and Sooz helped me make the decision about the bag, so I then went back to Kathmandu before going to catch up with Mat, Todd and Darlene for dinner at Ips.

Paul’s mum had arrived from Port Augusta that afternoon, so she came along with Darlene and we had a lovely evening! The food was great, the service was fantastic and the company great, naturally. Love catching up with the boys, don’t do it enough these days. There was a time when Mat, Todd and I were like three peas in a pod, always hanging out and getting up to something together… dreaming of making movies, animations and dominating the media world... oh to be that footloose and fancy free again.


I dropped Mat home and hung out at his and Phil’s place for a while. We kicked back and chilled, chatted and sipped on a few spirits (see... more alcohol!) in among laughing at Millie and Baxter’s antics (his two dogs).

After working so many years at Portal Aird, Mat’s got a new job lecturing at TAFE with Gregos, so we discussed teaching tactics and approaches, among many things. A relaxing and fun night… another sad goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home