Saturday, February 25, 2006

Last day at work

Wednesday February 1, 2006

Last day at work! So much to do and so little time! I can’t believe today has come around already. While I was worried I wasn’t going to have the opportunity to organise all my computer info, I managed to do it all, and get it all backed up on CD. Major accomplishment after more than a year and a half of work. Lucky I’m pretty strict with my file management (my days of multimedia production will never leave me)

A gorgeous bunch of flowers arrived for me from the marketing unit. My favourite colours as well, pink and green! Anyone who knows me well knows just how much I love flowers.
Beginning to feel a emotional by now… the tiredness combined with starting to say goodbye to people is starting to make my emotions quite raw.

Went out with my team for lunch at Ky Chow. Yum! Had a wonderful time with Michele, Rodney, Geraldine and Bec (who is taking my place while I’m on leave). It was nice to relax with them all. We had a great time.

We cruised back to the office, in among trying to work out the Beeline stops we now have to get off at, to get close to Currie Street. We all decided it would have been quicker to walk in the end, but it was a nice stroll from Hindley Street. :)

At about 3.30pm a trolley with drinks came around our entire office. We were all being rewarded for making a smooth transition from one office to another … there was wine (one of my faves – Woodstock Shiraz), chocolate, icecream and chips on offer, not to mention an envelope for each of us with two movie tickets inside. We were all quite impressed and chuffed by the thought. I love marketing.

My farewell drinks then started at the Duke of York not long after. It was great so many of my colleagues came along to say goodbye to me. I really am so lucky to work with such a great bunch of people.

Guys - my card has pride of place in my bedroom next to friend's photos and the many gorgeous souvenirs are already packed and ready to go. My possum was temporarily named Neesy, but I’ve now changed it to Magic, and I’ve already listened to Warney’s Slab of Solid Gold Oz Rock a number of times. I know it will be on high rotation in Vietnam. Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

After the pub, went back to 101 Currie St for Chinese New Year celebrations– not only was there delicious chinese cuisine on offer, but there was a Chinese dragon dance through the office! How fantastic! I got to say goodbye to a few more people, had some photos with the work crew and then left the building for the last time this year!

So it really was an incredible send off from the uni – lunch, office drinks, farewell drinks then Chinese New Year celebrations! Couldn’t ask for a more amazing afternoon really.

But it didn't stop there!

Went and met Michelle Foy and John at the Crown and Sceptre for a drink before all heading to Gouger St for dinner. Had a fantastic night with them both.

There was also an additional Chinese New Year slant to the evening. Although I was missing out on Tet (Vietnamese New Year), I ended up truly celebrating the New Year. While we were having dinner, there was a dragon dance through the restaurant. Two in one day – how’s that! In fact, the dragon harassed me a bit. It even swallowed my arm and my head when I gave it the little red envelope. What a sight eh! Gosh we laughed.

Had a brilliant catch up with Mich and John, and will miss them a lot. Saying goodbye is so weird, it just feels surreal. It doesn’t feel real that I won’t be seeing them for such a long time.

(I'm annoyed that I didn't have my camera with me to get some photos of them - doh! - guys, you're going to have to send me some.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home